Sunday, February 1, 2009

Miss America- January 24th

Tara, Britney, Beverlee, Christie and Karolynn at Miss America

We all met up in Las Vegas to watch Miss America.  Britney will be competing in Miss Arizona this June so we wanted to experience the pageant.  The pageant was fun, competitive and surprisingly quick. Miss Indiana won- we loved her (especially my sister in law Christie since that is her home state).
We also went to Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian.  Our seats were not the best until we asked the usher if he could move us closer.  He brought us 6 rows from the front.  AWESOME!

After Phantom we headed out to eat some good Italian food at the Venetian 


Britney thought she was pretty cool sitting down at her first slot machine... and no she did not play, she just wanted the picture.

Us girls walking around Las Vegas Blv

My favorite water dance show at the Belagio over looking Paris
Christie trying to give the hot China man a pat on the butt

Taxi drive

Things to remember:

The girls and I stayed at the Egyptian pyramid... The first night we were out until about 1am, the 2nd night, a little after 1 am while we were sleeping the fire alarm went off and woke us up.  On the loud speaker they told us not to worry, stay in your room and they were looking into the situation. The alarm lasted about 20 min... 

New York New York:  The roller coaster was a blast!  

Food: We ate, we ate some more and yep....we ate.

Morning walk: Christie, my mom and I headed out Saturday for a morning walk.  Well that morning walk ended up being half our day.  We first went to Denny's (which happened to be about 2 1/2 miles away).  Denny's line was really long so we headed to a quick breakfast... our quick/cheap breakfast was one expensive buffet so we ate a lot.  We walked all the way back to our hotel to go hook up with Britney and Tara. 

Body Show: Amazing 

5 comments:

Evvie Turley said...

Wow, what a fun girls trip! I'm glad to see the economy hasn't effected your world travels. :)

Manda said...

How fun!! What an wonderful girls trip. It's great to see your wonderful smile. I'm so glad that you are so happy!;)The family Vegas trip looks like a blast too. I loved the pics from Douglas's Birthday party.lol Tell him Happy Birthday for us!

Karolynn Kay said...

It was a fun trip. We rarely have only girl time in our family- unless we are together for the holidays and head off to a movie once we find babysitters (but even then it is usually with our spouses too. We were pretty excited to be able to go together...and no, the economy did not stop us. Luckily for us, we have great partners who have never put us in a financial situation we could not get out if our finances had to be cut down. All I can say is our mom taught us well-

Shauna said...

How fun!

Brooke said...

What a fun trip! We watched part of the pageant--I was bummed that we missed the whole first half--I forgot it was on. I bet it was great preparation for Brittney! Hopefully she'll be there next year!