Thursday, November 1, 2007

Birthday Oct. 24

Karolynn turned 30!

I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I hear your 30's are suppose to be your best years......So far they are pretty darn good but I think no matter what age you are it's what you expect out of it and what your willing to put into it.

How does one celebrate 30????? Well for me, it started with an early breakfast of strawberry pancakes with whip cream. My girls gave me the brown purse I wanted (they really had no choice since I picked it out my self and gave it to Douglas to give to me). I had Harmony (a singing group I help out with in the school) at 7:30am (Emily, Ariana and Julia are in it). I then decided to take Julia to the doctors office because she was feeling bad. Douglas's MA ran the test and said,"yep, its positive". Now normally being in a OBGYN office that means pregnant, but luckily for me, Julia just had strep throat. I had the brilliant idea of getting her a tiny shot instead of 10 days worth of medication. However, my tiny shot was really one big painful shot.... I think Julia has forgiven me. Then it was off to the rental property to do a finally check before our renters came. My renters came and signed the agreement, keys exchanged ...Yeah! Then it was off to my friends house for lunch. I had 5 of my closest friends throw me a lunch party. We had Cafe Rio (if you have not experienced this mexican/salad restuarant you truly are missing out). They showered me with compliments and funny stories. Two of my friends went in together to buy me a gift.. They hand it to me and say how it will be a disappointment... I give them that strange look and say, "why would you give me something that you think is disappointing"? They told me I would understand once I open it, so with as much excitement I could muster up I unwrapped it. To my surprise it was a paintmate. Now for you who don't know, I love to paint bedrooms in my houses. Well, sometimes its more because of necessity.. Anyway, my friend had one of these and was astonished when I told her I did not have one. She told me I had to have one. Well since I was starting to paint in my new house and I saw one at Walmart I bought one (now this was 1 week before my birthday). So they explained to me that when they came to my house one Monday for our family halloween party they saw it and hid it from me so I couldn't use it. They told me they wanted to get me something thoughful and they were so excited until they discovered I bought one for myself. I laughed... Still a great gift. I also got my favorite outdoor greeter He is a cute scarecrow my friends made. Very Cute! Of course you get the other thoughtful gifts of spices, chocolate, jewelry and birthday cards. I have great friends!!! (Don't worry, if you forgot my birthday gift.... I am still excepting!!!!! P.s Courtney, I missed my all time favorite gift from you.... What we would do if we could do anything together to celebrate. For y'all who are confused, my dear friend Courtney West Palmer writes these incredible stories of what she would do with you on your birthday. Last year we went on a run along the great wall of China. Anyway, my wonderful husband came home early, had the girls babysit while he took me to a rock climbing store. He bought me my first harness. We came home, got the girls and went out to Outback. By the time dinner was almost over, I was falling asleep... You could say I definitely was showing my age- The last 4 nights we had been working hard on our rental and new house so it was catching up. All in all, great birthday! Next day, 4am woke up by Ariana who had thrown up all over herself and her bed. Then Maya started. So Thursday was a sick day at our house. Friday, Douglas took me to Vegas for a long weekend to celebrate being 30.

0 comments: