Thursday, November 1, 2007

Las Vegas Getaway Oct 26-29



Las Vegas... once a family place now sin city in the open

This was Douglas's first trip to Las Vegas. We had driven through it a few times on our way to visit my Grandparents and even once stopped to go on the New Yorker roller coaster, but he really did not get the full experience of Vegas until now. And boy did he experience Vegas!!

Do you remember the time they use to advertise "bring your family". Well the advertisement has changed to "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". No longer are temptations and sins kindof hidden...... Now they are fully shown and there is no mistake they exist.

It was a fun trip, don't get me wrong, we just decided we would have about 100 other place we would rather go. Enough about that.. Here are the highlights

We got to nap!!! Yes, this is a highlight-rarely do we ever get to take a nap without any interruptions.
Shows: We went to one of the amazing CIRQUE DU SOLEIL shows. I can't remember what it was called, but it was about China royalty and war.

The Bellagio... what a beautiful hotel. They have the most amazing water show out in front of there doors. The only way I could explain it, would be water made to be ballerinas. Each water show was so amazingly beautiful and romantic. Very breathtaking! Every show starts 15 minutes after the last show. This is a definite must.

Do you ever remember a childhood memory and want to share that memory with your best friend? I do, so I told Douglas we should go to Treasure Island and watch the pirate show out front. We got there, waited for the show to begin. I told him how much I enjoyed this when I was little. Then..... it began. Not the show I remember but definitely one I wont forget. We basically got to watch a free strip show. An experience I never thought I would have with my husband, best friend.... well maybe (come on, I think all teenagers would want to go to a chip and dale show with a friend). Anyway, on one side, these pirate girls wearing barely anything, are up on the ship doing all sorts of stripper moves. They spend their time seducing the men pirates on the other ship. Who of course all go over to the ladies ship for a rub down. I couldn't believe it.... after the show... yes I was dumb and stayed the entire time, Doug turns to me and says "I feel dirty". Now for those of you who have a dirty mind.... wrong kind of dirty. It felt like we needed to repent.

Sushi- We went to this hip\contemporary Sushi Restaurant called Social hosue. The atmosphere was unbelievable and the food was great.

Comedy club- We had free tickets to a comedy show. We had lots of laughs!!!! Great way to start a night. Speaking of nights- Vegas never gets dark. It will be 1or 2 in the morning and we would look at our watch shocked at how late it was. Its a good thing our hotel room had these curtains which kept your room dark in the morning.

Shopping spree: Every year my husband buys me an outfit for my birthday. This year, he decided to take me with him to pick it out. I was spoiled.. He bought two outfits with shoes. They are so cute! Well my honey would say sexy!

All in all it was great to relax and connect again. We have been so busy moving, finding renters, painting, unpacking and so forth that it was a very much needed vacation. Thank you mom Donna for watching Maya!

0 comments: