Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Party! Oct 22






We decided Sunday, we still needed to do our traditional family Halloween party! At first I thought no way, sense we still had boxes every where.... But, it is something my kids love and talk about all year. I swallowed my pride and figured it was worth the embarrassment of not having my house completely together.



Each child invited one family, and Doug and I also got to choose a family. Invitations were sent out Sunday night for a party on Monday night. Each girl was in charge of one game. We had the Reese's, Millican's, Anderson's, Rick's, Ward's, and Jone's family attend. I think all in all we had about 40 people. Here are the games we played in order



1) Ring-around-a-pumpkin
Pumpkin guessing game
Flying pumpkin seeds

2) Mummy wrap
3) Waiter game (relay race balancing your balloon head and having your team yell "Waiter, there's a head in my soup!")
4) Doughnuts (eat the doughnut on the rope without dropping it)
5) Boo am I? (A frenzied halloween-themed twist on a traditional game of charades.)
6) Chain Gang Ghost Story (Spooke story with a twist)
7) Ghost in the graveyard for kids while adults play Name game and try not to say what I wrote.




The party was a blast. Most people dressed up. Douglas and Karolynn were teenage nerds, Sarah was a popstar, Emily was a hunter, Ariana was a China girl, Julia was a flower bride (although she was sick and fell asleep 30 min before the party) and Maya was a fairy.

The girls did an excellent job on their games!!!!


0 comments: