Saturday, January 31, 2009

Doug's 40th Redneck Party


Callin’ all Rednecks 

Yer invited 

Friday January 9, 2009

Fer Douglas Burgett’s

40th Birthday party 

7:00-9:00pm



I cudnt right it in the announsment but incase y’all cudnt unnerstand a wurd I rote…the party is at the church and will end sumetime around 10pm. Bring yer spouse and somethin for the rest of us to munch on. Dun’t forget yer Redneck Formal, frum yer “Good Camo” collection. And boy, stay way frum that bob war fence with the elk farm right before u arrive. All willin and the creeks don’t rise, I sure do hope to see you and yer purdy wife. One more thang, Redneck gifts are always welcom.



Who knew how Redneck the Burgett's could be
We had about 40 people show up for Doug's B-day party

We had a true or false questionnaire about Doug- his mother set the story straight.


The haunting doll
Doug's trick
Girls Off Roading
Doug's mom frequently turned her whole body trying to get the car to go where she wanted.
Girls Shooting marshmallow guns

The men chugging down "root"BEER
Doug opening up all of his Redneck gifts


  1. Curse those introductions

  1. Redneck Doug/Truth or Lie

  1. Kiss Game

  1. Drinking/shooting game

  1. The Purdy Wife Off Roading

  1. Fighting for Doughnuts

  1. Gifts

Redneck Doug/Truth or Lie

  1. Doug had trouble doing normal toddler stuff; in fact, the poor boy didn’t even learn how to crawl until he was already one.

  1. Doug wasn’t very good at talking when he was a boy, but he sure could imitate Elvis Presley like no tomorrow.

  1. Training Doug to be a hunter was hard.  At age 6 or 7 he went on his first lizard hunt. By golly the boy got one.. Sadly, once he realized what he had done, he cried and cried… (Now he just thinks he is saving them by sending them to heaven faster)

  1. When Doug was a boy growing up in Texas, farming came naturally to him. He learned how to fall out of every barn we had. One even twice.

  1. Doug learned the word of wisdom hands on… By the age of 12 he learned that the Prince Albert tobacco can was just as dangerous as the tobacco itself. When the bible says stay away from even the presence of evil…it means it. That tobacco can took away Doug’s real tooth and gave all of us at this table a good laugh when we received his invitation.

  1. Doug might have been a crybaby when he was a boy???  Doug cried over a silly doll. His poor great-grandmother bought a precious baby doll at a yard sale, and had it in the room Doug was staying in.  That boy cried and cried until his mama took it out of his room.

  1. Doug took revenge of his great-grandmothers doll and hung it on a ceiling fan in his sister’s room.

8. Doug really liked to pre-form. When he was 16 or 17 he really wanted to sing some high notes…so he wore really tight pants and a big blue cape.

 9. From the moment Doug went into the medical field, he always wanted to be an OBGYN. He loved the beginning of the miracle of a child’s life and a mother’s love for having a new baby.

      10.  When Doug was growing up, his nickname was stub.

 11. Doug use to shoot cars from the freeway overpass with his buddies when he lived in his little Texas town.  They got so good; they didn’t even have to bring extra ammunition.


Who is Alton Douglas Burgett

1. Doug has always been able to do pretty much anything he set his mind on. He crawled at 5 months and walked at 9 months.

2. Doug talked well enough at 3 yrs. old he could imitate Pres. Jimmy Carter. It was the funniest thing!

3. When he was 6 or 7 we were visiting family in Arizona and the kids went lizard hunting. Doug killed a lizard with a bb gun and cried and cried!

4. We had barns at two different places we lived and he managed to fall out of both barns. The one close to Dallas he fell out of twice!! When we lived close to Houston he fell out of the hayloft tossing hay out!

5. Around the age of 12 he was in Oklahoma with his cousin. They were playing in an old orchard and a kid threw a Prince Albert tobacco can at him and broke part of his tooth out. The very one on his invitation! 

6.Doug and his sister have a running joke with this ugly doll that some how we ended up with. Have had it for about 34 or 35 yrs. His great-grandmother bought it at a yard sale in Calif. why I don't know. Anyway we were visiting her and Doug was small. We put him to bed for the night and I hear him crying. He was afraid to sleep in the room with the doll!  Years later, the doll re surfaced and was hung on the ceiling fan in his sisters room, and when she came in that night and turned the light on the doll was swinging around from the fan, ya'll can't imagine the screams. So of course she has paid him back. It has just continued from there and we can't get rid of big eyed scary thing cause it's has been so much fun.

7. When he was bout 16 or 17 he did summer theater and sang in the Man of LaMancha. He got to wear really tight pants and a big blue cape, not sure which helped him get the high notes.

8 When he was at BYU he did a 6-week program in Mexico at the hospital. He did some baby deliveries there.  When he came home we asked if he was going to be an OB Doc. He said noooo way, women scream too much and it drive me crazy.

Famous last words "Look at me Now".

9. Doug was so skinny most of his life we called him stick man.

10. The small town we stayed in (in Texas you don't live there you stay.) was so small, for excitement Doug and his buddies would go the freeway overpass and some how get water on the passing cars without taking any cups of water with them. Can’t imagine where they got the water. He has always been a funny guy!!!!!!!! Oh yea, you should see him put his whole fist in his mouth! Or a rubber glove on his head!



Douglas,

When I was a little girl I dreamed about what kind of man I wanted to marry. When I think of the qualities both outside and inside I wanted, I know I have my dream.  Thank you for letting my dreams come true. Thank you for simply being you. I know you are not perfect, but I like to think that together, we are two imperfect people working on being perfect together. You're my handsome dark headed, blue eyed, skinny boy that is brilliant, funny, adventurous, spiritual and loving all in one package. Although our time together has been brief, I feel like I have known you my entire life. You are the man that I learned what it feels like to give your whole heart away. You are the man who made me spontaneous again and willing to give love another try (thanks Jamaica).  I love our story… I hope others are as fortunate to find the one that gives you “butterflies” even when you have spent years together.  I look forward to the many years ahead of us… Thank you love, for letting me live my dream! 

Love

Karolynn


1 comments:

Palmer Family said...

Oh, MAN!!! We really missed out, didn't we? It looks like you guys had a BLAST! Also, I love your letter. You guys are perfect for each other.