Thursday, January 8, 2009

2008 Christmas Eve






















Due to all of the family obligations and schedules, we decided to have Christmas come a little early at our house.  We celebrated Christmas Eve Saturday night. Of course, food was the beginning of the night. I made one of my personal favorites, T-Bone steak, mashed potatoes, ceviche, salad, and apple cider.  After dinner we had our short program. Douglas told the Christmas story as the girls and I reenacted the manger scene.  Next we played the candy exchange game. I was surprised how well Maya did when the girls took her candy away, but once her candy was hers, she was all over it.  My dear husband let me have my favorite.....turtles (love them!) Later, we had our family talent show.  Sarah sang "What Child is This", Emily played some beautiful Christmas music, Ariana sang "Rock'n around the Christmas Tree", Julia played some more beautiful Christmas music on the piano, Maya did a somersault, I sang, "Santa Baby", and Doug sang "Jingle Bell Rock".  Everyone did an awesome job!  Since everyone was enjoying singing so much, we got out the Karaoke and went to town.  We sang several Christmas songs before.........yes the gift. The girls could not wait for the night before Christmas gift.  This year, marshmallow guns. Oh yea baby!  The girls dashed outside, at 9:30pm in the freezing weather to have a marshmallow fight.  After they froze their little tushes off they came back for some hot chocolate.  Doug also surprised the girls and I with some Texas shirts he got on his hunt.  We made sure we put them on so we would all match the next day.

0 comments: