Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hiking





























June 20

After school I took Emily, Ariana, Julia, Maya, my niece Quincy hiking at Big Cotton Wood Canyon along with the Reese family, their kids friends, and the Anderson girls.  We hiked Donut Falls and Mill B South Interpretive Trail.  We started with Donut Falls. It is a short 1.6 miles round trip.  We had 3 teenage boys with us who were in front at the beginning.  Quincy, my niece was staying right behind them.  I told her, “Quincy you are doing so good keeping up with those slow boys”.  The boys turned around and one said, “slow, you see slow”.  I said, “Yea right in front of me”.  The boys said, “Oh yeah?”  They started running.  Unfortunately for them they could only keep running for a few minutes and ended up waiting under a tree for us. Ariana and her friend Emily liked to talk and look at every little tree, bug and flower.  I couldn’t tell if they were truly fascinated in these things or just needed to take a lot of breaks.  My Emily and her friend Natanya tried to keep up with the boys for a while.  They got in a little snowball fight with them about ¾ of the way up the trail.  (Yes I said snowball fight).  There was snow on the upper part of the trail.  Fortunately for us, a lot of the snow was melting which gave us a beautiful waterfall at the end. I don’t think I have seen so much water coming down the Canyon.  Truly beautiful!    After we reached the top we headed back down.  Maya wanted to walk so I let her out of the backpack.  Anytime someone tried to hold her hand she would jerk her hand a way and say, “no me walk”.  Her and Quincy both took a fall and skinned their knees but other than that it was a perfect little hike.  Next we headed down to the canyon to start at the Mill B South Interpretive Trail.  This is an even shorter hike consisting of .7 miles round trip.  Again the water was breath taking.  We took pictures and at the top had lots and lots of snacks. I love being outside! I let the girls invite their friends over for a late night.  They were having so much fun that I didn’t want to take them home.  So I called and begged their moms to let them spend the night- luckily they all could.   

1 comments:

Shauna said...

MAN! That looks so beautiful and fun. (sigh) Stupid root canal! :) Hopefully next time I'll be able to come along. It looks like it was a great time.