We were able to make a trip up to bear lake the first weekend in September.
I was a lucky girl and went on a fabulous cattle drive with Trudy Saturday. Loved every minute of it. It had been years since I went on a cattle drive with a dear friend from Snowflake. Brought back so many wonderful memories. I loved being out in the country. I was able to enjoy the scenery and surprisingly even the fresh, crisp air behind the cattle.
Driving down to the Lake
Ariana, Emily and Maya enjoying the backseat
We all piled on the four wheeler to go down to the lake (I jumped off to take the picture).
The girls were able to go out pretty far since the water was low by this time of the year. Maya even decided to venture out until she decided it was out of her comfort zone.
Emily
Arian and Julia being goofy!
The favorite part of the whole trip for the girls would be riding horses. They begged to go and go and go.
This handsome fellow is my husband: AKA Texan.
Maya was finally warming up to the idea of being on top of the horse instead of just petting it. She didn't last long but we were able to squeeze in a small smile before she got off. Just not one while taking pictures.
Emily had no problem riding the horses. She took charge from the very beginning like a pro!
Julia let Roxy get a drink.....
Ariana fell in love with Charger.
Sarah riding Cash
Douglas and Jason went hunting everyday we were there. Sarah even went with them one evening. I must have forgotten to take any pictures.
Bear Lake was such a wonderful trip. Trudy's parents were excellent host. I told them they could adopt me anytime they wanted. Trudy made some of the best homemade cooking food for us (I am still trying to take off those extra pounds). Her dad was also willing to hand out extra treats and make sure you had plenty on your plate. Hopefully they enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed them and we can do it again some year.



0 comments:
Post a Comment