Thursday, September 18, 2008

Swan Valley Idaho

Douglas and I spent Sunday to Tuesday at Swan Valley Idaho.  We drove through it a few years a go and completely fell in love with the place.  A company that wants Doug to use their product hooked us up with a sweet resort and....... drum rolls please......

A complete Fly fishing package! 


Here is a quick peek of a small part of our room

Check out our view from our back porch
We had this charming path to follow from our cabin to the resorts lodge restaurant
He is so Handsome wearing my favorite Sweater for dinner


Here is a picture of the amazing architecture of the resorts restaurant




Doug practicing his skills.... he took a class but never made it out to the river until now



I on the other hand have no idea what I am doing at this point.


First of many small catches




Thats better.. Look at that beautiful Rainbow Trout

I had at least 4 major tangles with my line and bait. Hey, it was my first time ever fly fishing.  Poor Jason worked for his pay today
So I of course did not catch a lot of fish today...In fact, nothing in the morning. After I got my skills a little tuned I was able to catch 3 in the afternoon.  Plus, Doug was able to cast his hook right into my arm once, and I got myself in the throat.  It really didn't hurt that bad, more of a shock then anything.


This would be another picture of Jason getting my line ready again!


Just a few scenic views from the river
We fished from 9am to 6pm.  What a fantastic sport!  I can't wait to fine tune my new developed skills.


Before dinner Douglas and I decided to go down town and get a square ice-cream cone.  It is the only place I believe you can get one.  We then made a quick drive to a National forest to try to find this waterfall our guide told us about.  We found it and it was beautiful.






We found this beautiful waterfall on the side of the road.  I love waterfalls so of course we hiked down.  Hiking down was a lot easier than hiking up.  

We had to leave bright and early Tuesday morning to make it to Idaho falls where Doug would be training and participating in surgery.

What a fun getaway. 

3 comments:

Cindi said...

What a fun trip. Randy would be so jealous. He loves fly fishing (the idea of it) and so wants to learn. One of his favorite movies is "A River Runs Through It".

I'm glad you had a great time. So good for you to get a break together.

whipple said...

Okay, so have decided that I will try the blog thing again since I enjoy everyone's blogs so much. We will see how it goes. Thanks for the encouragement! So, I love the pics! Idaho is one of my favorite places. I have pics of the same place from college, except mine are in the middle of winter, but still very pretty.

Palmer Family said...

Oh, my gosh! That looks like so much fun! Did you just have a blast? Palmer will be jealous! I didn't see any kids...I'm jealous!!!