Monday, November 24, 2008

November


Texas Hunt or should I say, 
Texas Vacation????

Doug went on a hunt with some friends. 
Unfortunately they did not get or even see anything for that matter. 




After having no success with the hunting... the boys decided to leave and see the Alamo as well as a Spurs basketball game.





I am sure this is one of those sweet text messages I got all week he was gone

Spurs game



Doug doing some touring in Texas



Mike and his son also went on the HUNT/VACATION
I don't know why this is so important but Doug took about 12 pictures of it, 
so he must really like it.

Some text messages I got from him: (don't tell him I posted this but I wanted to save it)

1) Honey, I love Texas. Can we come back?
2) (hunt is not going well, so I ask him if he wishes he was there or on a beach with me)..
"Beach. Love you."
3) Wish I was with you instead. This is too long & I'm home sick for you
4)In the future, 3-4 days max. If not we do it together
5) Seriously, I'm so done with being away from you. I'll tough it out, but I need to be with you
6) Trying to maintain a postie attitude, but about had enough. All of us are a little discouraged. OK, a lot discouraged.
7) You know, one good thing about this, Mike, Jason and I were talking about how sitting quiet for a while like this really helps get your head on straight. All I want to do is come home and be a better husband and father. Not once have I thought about the office or how to be better at work. Its all been about us. I want to come home and be a couple. A team. 
8) OK, here's my lessons learned. I need to be with you. You truly are my better half. Being without you makes me feel a little lost. Your presence calms me.
9) Hunting- regardless of the outcome of this hunt, I realize how much I enjoy it. I don't mind dropping the cash for it because it helps my spirit. However, I would really like it if we could find a way to do it together at least a fair amount of the time. It seems to me that you would enjoy being out here too. I want to be united with you. Forever. I love you. The end.
10) Let me explain. The weather turned too warm. The deer feed all night when its warm and bed down before sun up.

Thanks Giving

Douglas spent Thanksgiving with his parents and sister up in Pleasant grove Utah.  He made my pie recipe I got from my friend.  Look how beautiful they are. Nice job Babe!


Thanks Giving 2008 in Mesa AZ

This year Maya and I decided to spend time with my Grandpa and Grandma McGee.  Luckily for us, my parents as well as my brother Terril, my sister in law Christie and their kids were able to come to Mesa too. We both loved spending time with everyone.   

Maya and Grandpa Kay
Maya with her Great Grandma McGee
Maya with her Great Grandpa McGee
Maya with Grandma Bev


Thanksgiving was wonderful.  I was able to see many of my cousins whom I haven't seen in a long time.  Of course, the very next day was black Friday....... well I actually am not usually the shopper, however, my mom had plans.  Her plan started at 3:30 in the morning. Yes, 3:30AM-CRAZY!  We finally came back to my grandparents home late in the afternoon. We had some lunch and headed out again. I never realized how much shopping you can do, but when you have 22 grand children plus all of your kids to shop for, the shopping goes and goes and goes.  I praise my parents for their generosity, patience and consideration.  Luckily, I was also able to finish practically all of my shopping. Although that doesn't sound that hard since I only have 5 girls and 1 husband who each get 3 gifts (Precious, Want and Need), Oh, and one for Christmas Eve... Good thing Santa brings them one other present as well... gotta keep spoiling them!


Volley Ball
I joined forces with three other ladies in my ward, Kristin, Marcie and Hillary to compete in the stakes volleyball tournament.  After we arrived we quickly realized that maybe we were out of our league.  Oh well, we thought we would at least have the most fun.  Which we did.  I called us the flying fairies (since we seemed to be twirling, dancing and flying over that entire court).  We actually won the first game.  The second game.....well we played against a team that had two volley ball coaches on the team-did we really have a chance?  At least they would only stay a few points a head of us (again because they were being nice).  I loved the workout and wish all work outs were as fun.

 One of the cutest baby boy's
Friday we had our good friends the Buxton's over.  We had lots of yummy food while we played Apples to Apples, Phase ten, and Chicken Foot.  Some of the kids also had a wii competition that kept them entertained.  

I couldn't resist posting these pictures... he is so adorable!!!


When my friend calls, I jump!!!

Saturday:  Twilight has arrived.  Shannon and I went to the early morning showing.  It was fun to have a girls day out while the family was still home working....did I just say that...well it is true.  I am usually the one finishing up things while others are having fun in my home. Although I did wake up at 5:30am to start on dinner/get chores on their way so I guess I did my share. Anyway, the movie was good-but I was just thrilled to be out.  Later we met up with our families for some family pictures.  I'm not in love with my family picture but I spent the money on cute outfits so I will have to live. After pictures the Reese family came over to watch the BYU verses UofU game.  We had  soup, bread sticks and this really great glazed apple pie with ice cream. 

Getting together with some of my dearest friends 
from High School

Sunday: After church we dashed home so I could attempt to make some rolls and french bread before heading over to my friends house (Julie from High School).  I completely did not have enough time so we decided to finish baking them at Julie's house.  They were not my best creation but every one still ate it.  Heather and her husband also met us at Julie's house.  It was fun to get together again with our families.  Heather is moving to California so it will probably be a long time before we can all get together again.  (sorry no picture)

0 comments: