Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hike to Lake Mary











Saturday, August 2nd, we met up with my friends, Bob and Mindy Astle.  We hiked up to Lake Mary.  It was such a beautiful hike.  There were so many flowers and mosquitoes.  Thankfully my friends brought bug repellent.  The kids had fun walking around the lake and feeding the little fishes.  We headed home 4 hours later to have a BBQ.  The kids changed into swimsuits around 8pm (I can't believe it's still bright outside).  The adults played a few games while the kids enjoyed playing outside.  Maya and Eden played with dolls. They tried to potty train Lilly and Daisy (2 of Maya’s baby dolls).  It was fun watching them pretend to be Mom’s.  It was great to spend time with friends. I sure wish we were able to see them more often.  

4 comments:

Palmer Family said...

Karolynn,
You are seriously the best mom! You're always doing the coolest stuff with your family. Keep it up--the kids will have the coolest memories! Sharra :)

Mike A. said...

Hi! I'm glad to hear that you will still be coming to soccer!! It looks like your family is having a great summer. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Amy

Shannon said...

This hike looks beautiful! You'll have to give me directions-or better yet, just drag me up there!

whipple said...

Hey Nice to hear from you! It looks like you guys are having lots of Fun! I am going to try this blog thing, we will see how it goes.
Cindy